BARATZA SETTE 270 GRINDER
BARATZA SETTE 270 GRINDER
- Coffee Grinder / Automatic Espresso Grinder
- A Complete newly designed burr set reduces the fines in all levels of grind which gives a clean (café quality) taste in the cup.
- 270 steps to quickly adjust for any style of coffee
- Micro adjust to dial-in the perfect espresso
- Hopper Capacity - Upto 400g
- Comes with a Ground Bin (160g)
The Sette Series has, at its core, a revolutionary grinding mechanism that produces game-changing performance. Key aspects of this innovative mechanism include:
- Straight-thru vertical transports and grinding of the beans (highly efficient and results in minimal residual coffee in the system).
- Rotation of the outer ring burr (with twice the surface area of the cone burr) along with proprietary tooth geometry, produces grinding thru-put that is two to three times that of others in its class.
- Proprietary gear box (planetary + crown gear) that maximizes efficiency of torque transfer, resulting in lower power consumption and much less heat.
- Powerful DC motor for maximum starting torque and efficiency, resulting in cooler operation.
BURRS & BREWING METHODS
Manufactured by Etzinger in Liechtenstein, the Sette Series is built with 40mm conical AP (all-purpose) burrs, capable of grinding from espresso fine to Chemex coarse, however they really excel at grinding for espresso. They grind coffee at 3.5g to 5.5 g/sec. depending on the roast and the setting. The burrs are durable, and will remain sharp for many years.
We offer a second burr assembly-the BG (brew grind) burr that is designed to give a grind profile that is very good for brew methods requiring a coarser grind. It is available for separate purchase, from our website.
The clever design of the Sette Series burr assembly offers you, the user, the ability to exchange the cone burr in less than a minute with no tools and no recalibration.
CONVERTIBLE DEVICE HOLDER AND GROUNDS BIN
A built-in convertible holder, unique to the Sette Series, allows you to grind directly into your portafilter, the supplied grounds bin, or most of the popular brewing devices (V60, Clever, Able Kone, etc.). The rubber sleeves on the arms are fully rotational allowing you the option to position them in a way that best suits the tool/brew-method you are using. The arms can accommodate portafilters from sizes 49mm to 58mm and the holder includes an integrated hook for stability.
The Sette’s grounds bin is made from an anti-static plastic, with a molded spout for easy pouring into your preferred brewing device. It has a usable capacity of 160g (Med Roast).
The hopper holds approximately 300-400g of coffee. An innovative bean shutoff feature in the collar permits no-mess, no-fuss hopper removal for changing out beans.
DIGITAL CONTROL PANEL
A user-friendly front mounted control panel has an easy to read backlit LED display. Three programmable buttons allow for grind time setting within 0.1 seconds. Simply press the start button and the Sette automatically delivers precise dosing.
The Sette has a macro adjust of 30 steps, grinding from espresso to manual brew. A step-less micro adjust with 9 indicators, allows the user to easily dial in a perfect espresso. The macro/micro mechanism is directly connected to the cone burr resulting in immediate and true grind adjustment.
The Sette 270 is exceptional for all brewing methods, from espresso to manual brew.
A powerful, high torque DC motor drives the Sette. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
Warranty: 1 year limited warranty from the purchase date. This warranty covers all defects in materials and workmanship (parts and labor). This warranty does not apply to: improper use, lack of cleaning, abuse, normal wear and tear, lack of proper adjustment, foreign objects (stones, screws, etc.) in the beans, or uses outside the intended use of grinding whole roasted coffee beans.