Click here to check out the French press products on the Benki Brewing Tools website!
How to make French press coffee
- 20g of coffee grounds
- 40ml of hot water
- 200ml of hot water
- Add the coffee grounds to the French press.
- Pour 40ml of hot water over the coffee grounds and stir 10 times to wet them.
- Let the coffee grounds bloom for 30 seconds.
- Pour the remaining hot water into the French press.
- Place the lid on the French press and let it steep for 3 minutes.
- Stir the coffee a few times until the grinds fall to the bottom.
- Slowly plunge the filter down over 1 minute.
- Pour the coffee into cups and enjoy!
- Use darker roasts with cooler temperature water to avoid bitterness.
- Use lighter roasts with higher temperature water to extract more flavor.
- Plunge slowly to avoid a gritty, unclean cup.
- For lighter to medium roast coffees, stir the brew just before plunging to reduce sourness.
- Do not stir before plunging with dark roast coffees, as this can bring out over-extracted, roasty notes.
Enjoy your delicious French press coffee!